Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New High Res Pics of GL


By Christian Nicholson

Apparently, Warner has seen fit to release high res pics of Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern.  They seem to be going all out with the marketing machine.  While I'm fairly certain 'm going to a theater to see it within weeks of it opening, I might just sneak into a screening.  I'm not sure I want to encourage them.  Is it just me or does anyone else see a recolored Slim Goodbody?




I'm not really that excited about the movie.  They still seem to be adding vocal cast to this thing. (Geoffrey Rush as Tomar-Re) which on the one hand seems pretty cool, but on the other hand seems pretty concerning.

It's a big budget blockbuster effecs movie and adding voice actors in post is not a big deal.  But what we've seen so far really smacks of a CGI fest to me.  I get the feeing that half of the movie is going to look like it came straigt from the effects house.  In other words, this movie is going to be Who Shot Roger Rabbit, without the heart,soul and humor.

When the folks who do CGI things for a living (Pixar et al) tend to do their voice work pretty early in the process so they can capture the actors' performance, it doesn't really inspire me to know voice work is going on nowish.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see the thing,but I can't promise I'll pay for it.  I used to watch Slim Goodbody for free back in the day, and I'm not sure I want to start paying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment